For the time being, passengers will not be able to buy single tickets from drivers or to ask them to load Waltti Travel Cards.
Using the Waltti Travel Card or mobile tickets is also cheaper for passengers. For example, an adult 1-zone single ticket costs 3 euros when paying in cash but only 2.10 euros when using the Waltti Travel Card and 2.70 euros when using a mobile ticket.
Paying by cash is still possible on Linkki-VIP buses. However, passengers are strongly advised to use the Waltti Travel Card.
Where can I buy a Waltti Travel Card or a mobile ticket?
You can buy a Waltti Travel Card from the Linkki Service Point (Asemakatu 7, on Monday at 10-17 and from Tuesday to Friday at 10-16) or from certain R kiosks (Asemakatu 5, Kauppakatu 39, Kuokkala, Laukaa, Muurame). If you are buying your first Waltti Travel Card, you will have to pay 5 euros. While buying the Waltti card, you will also load either money (value) or time (season tickets) onto your card.
Waltti Travel Cards can also be ordered from the Waltti web shop. If you order your card you will save 5 euros. However, you will have to wait 7 to 14 days until you actually get the card. At this stage, it is highly recommended to load the Waltti Travel Card by using the Waltti web shop.
Mobile tickets are purchased just before the journey and shown to the driver when entering the bus. The tickets can be paid e.g., by debit or credit card. Since mobile tickets have to be used right away, they cannot be bought in advance. More instructions on how to use mobile tickets
How to minimise the risk of coronavirus on Linkki buses?
Instructions for those using Linkki buses:
- Do not use a bus if you are ill – protect yourself and others!
- Follow the instructions provided by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare on hand hygiene and the correct way of coughing
- Keep a safe distance from other passengers, both while entering a bus and while choosing a seat.
- Wear gloves and avoid touching surfaces (poles, straphangers, stop buttons, etc.) with bare hands.
- Avoid travelling during the busiest hours in the morning and evening, if possible. This is true even though the number of passengers on buses has diminished because of the coronavirus.
- The first rows of seats on local transport buses should not be used. This is to protect the drivers. The seats that are not in use are clearly marked.
- Use the Waltti web shop to load you travel card, if possible.
Service Manager Kari Ström, City of Jyväskylä, tel. 014 266 5139, kari.strom[at]jyvaskyla.fi